You can read about why my family prefers Einkorn Flour over other organic flours in my other post, but I know everyone would love tried and true recipes that are made with Einkorn Flour, so…
Here is a simple pancake recipe that EVERYONE in our family LOVES! You can double, triple and quadruple this recipe, but here is an important tip. Save the “MILK” of you choice for last. This way, you can add it slowly to get the thickness of the pancake you desire. For instance, raw organic milk is thicker so you may need more and coconut milk is watery, so you may need less. Add it slowly to your mixer until you get the right consistency. We like ours extra thick, so usually we add about 1/2 cup.
- 1 Cup Einkorn Flour
- 2 teaspoons of aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of organic Maple Sugar or organic Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup of “milk” of your choice such as almond, coconut, raw cow’s milk, etc… SEE ABOVE for the tip. You may need 1/2 cup or may need the whole 3/4, so add last.
- 1 egg, preferably from happy free range chickens (Yes, we sell our eggs locally or check with your local farm.)
- 2 Tablespoons of melted, not HOT or you’ll cook the egg, grass fed butter
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract OR 2 drops of Stress Away Vitality EO
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixer. Mix them well.
- Add the butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Mix again.
- Add the egg. Mix again.
- Now, slowly add the “milk” of your choice. Mix well. You may need more or less, so be patient and mix.
- Flip them on a hot griddle, save the mix for waffles during the school week! When you make them ahead of time and let them soak in the fridge, it makes the loud even easier for your body to absorb and digest. We keep ours for two days in mason jars for easy pouring.