Lush. Light. Decadent. Non-Toxic. Homemade. Silky. Smooth. I could go on and on about how much I LOVE this body butter recipe.
I tried several ingredient combinations until I stumbled upon this combination. My goal was to create a recipe that didn’t need heat. Many body butter recipes use cacao butter, which is hard to blend without melting it. I tried to shave and grate the cacao butter to whip at room temperature, but on my last attempt at a no heat recipe, I omitted the cacao butter and doubled the shea butter which was the key. It turned out to look like whipped cream, doesn’t smell like chocolate since I omitted the cacao butter and is smooth! I love it!
This is perfect to make at sleepovers, for girl nights, sharing your love of oils, for homemade gifts and just for YOU to use daily. So many toxic chemicals are placed in our beauty products and this is an easy way to ditch our toxic lotions and switch to a non-toxic product. This can be made with the premium starter kit oils and is inexpensive to make, especially if you are making batches to give as gifts! We all love a little pampering and this is a great way to feel pretty, have soft skin, support those fine lines and wrinkles all without adding junky toxins to our body. Plus it smells SO good!
- 1/4 of a cup Organic Coconut Oil (not fractionated) solid & cold-pressed
- 1/2 of a cup Sky Organics Shea Butter
- 1/4 of a cup Sky Organics Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil or Young Living’s V6 Carrier Oil
- 15-30 drops of Young Living Essential Oils
- Let the ingredients get to room temperature. Think of butter for cookies.
- Add the Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Almond Oil to a stand mixer or a bowl.
- Mix on medium-high for about 5-7 minutes until it looks like a whipped cream.
- Add the essential oils.
- Whip a little more until the essential oils are blended.
- Use a spoon and fill your mason jar. It fills one 12 ounce jar when whipped.
Essential Oil Ideas
- Stress Away
- Cedarwood and Lavender
- Roman Chamomile and Lavender
- Tea Tree, Frankincense and Lavender – LOVE this combo for my face and body!
- Peace and Calming
After you make the recipe, please comment with what oils you added to your body butter. I love learning new things!