There are so many treats around the holidays. We love our treats and do like to splurge, but we also try to make some options that are a little better for you. Here is one of our dark chocolate bark recipes we enjoy and takes less than 15 minutes to make!
- 16oz of raw organic cashews
- 16oz of raw organic almonds
- 8oz of organic raisins or dried cherries or both
- 20oz of cut up organic dark chocolate bars (60% or higher) or chocolate chips
- parchment paper (we used unbleached)
- a large baking sheet with a rim – ours is 13×18 (not flat or the chocolate will melt off and make a mess in the oven) or two 13 x 9 brownie/cake pans to split the ingredients between
- Line the sheet with the parchment paper. Make sure you line the rim as the candy will melt.
- Spread the nuts and the raisins on the pan.
- Sprinkle the cut up chocolate over the nuts and dried fruit.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Make sure the ingredients are not taller than the rim of your baking sheet or pans. Place in oven.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, take out. It takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Use the back of a large spoon to smooth the chocolate over the nuts. You can mix them and smooth them into a sheet of chocolate.
- Place the pan in the freezer or refrigerator to harden.
- When it is hard, break into pieces. The parchment paper should make it easy to lift out and break.
- Store in containers. We store ours in the fridge. Then you will have plenty to last you weeks or gift to others!
Simple and Sweet. Enjoy!