Do your kids get bored? Do they need a fidget to support focus? Do they like to play with things when you are waiting in line, long car trips or at a restaurant? Well, we made a dye free fluffy slime with essential oils added that you may want to make. You could send it to school with your kids as a fidget or keep in your bag to pull out for your kids when they need it.
It was super easy to make, but if you are young, have an adult help. We decided to make it “happy slime” with orange essential oil added, but you could use an oil that supports focus or calming instead. I would NOT use oregano or Thieves as those are hot oils. Ouch!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Shaving Cream (fragrance free)
- Contact Eye Solution (with the ingredients boric acid and sodium borate)
- White Elmer’s Glue
- Baking Soda
- Warm Water
- Add 2/3 cup of Elmer’s Glue to the bowl.
- Add a 1/4 cup of water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add 3 cups of shaving cream.
- Mix with a spoon, not a whisk.
- Add any drops of essential oil or food coloring if wanted now. We added 10 drops of orange.
- Now, this is where it is a little tricky. You want to slowly add your contact lens solution. We used 2 Tablespoons, but added 1/2 TB at a time.
- Mix. We used a big spoon.
- Knead. This part is sticky. If you need to add a few more drops of contact lens solution, feel free. It will help make it less sticky.
- Continue to knead for about 5 minutes.
- Divide and store in glass jars. This recipe made 24 ounces of slime.
- I think an adult should help little ones.
- Also, wash your hands before and after. You can’t wash slime so it picks up germs. Glad we used oils in ours.
- Adding the oils means it smells good, but you also get the benefits of the oils on your hands.
- Don’t put it in your hair.
- Don’t play with it on carpet.
- Don’t eat it.
- If you skin gets irritated, stop using it. It has eye solution and other stuff in it that is not organic.
Orange you glad you visited this site?
Brandon and Dawn