I fell IN LOVE with Young Living’s Charcoal Bar Soap. IN LOVE! I was beyond happy when they created this bar soap and have used it ever since. Why? I love the benefits of activated charcoal.
Activated charcoal powder is a powerful absorber. It draws out toxins, dirt and other impurities leaving your skin feeling clearer and helps refine pores. It is suitable soap for combination, oily, or acne-prone skin to help maintain a clear, healthy-looking complexion without stripping away your skin’s natural moisture barrier.
Young Living’s Orange Blossom Charcoal Soap Benefits and Features
- Formulated with skin-purifying activated charcoal and pure essential oils
- Leaves skin clean, soft, and smooth
- Made without sulfates, phthalates, parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, or preservatives
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Cleanses excess oil without stripping the skin
When I was teaching elementary full time, buying this bar was convenient. Now that I am blessed to stay home, I wanted to cut some of my costs. So, I made a similar recipe myself and saved about half per bar.
This was much easier than I had anticipated. I didn’t want to make my own base with lye, YET… so I bought an organic shea base. I am hoping I can find an organic local source, but until then, this was the best I could do.
From start to soap, it was about 20 minutes. Even if I was teaching full time again, I would continue to make these to save money to buy other things I want and can’t make! Plus, although I love the scent of the Orange Blossom Young Living uses in the soap, I wanted to add Frankincense, so that is what I did. I love Frankincense on my skin.
- 1lb of Soap Base – The link is for 5 lbs, so you would get 20 bars of soap.
- Soap Molds – 5oz Size
- 1 teaspoon of Activated Charcoal
- 10 – 20 drops Frankincense Oil OR your essential oils of choice.
- 1 teaspoon of Sulfurzyme Powder (optional for added MSM)
- Cut or shave the soap base.
- Place in the double boiler.
- Keep stirring until melted. Turn off heat.
- Add the Sulfurzyme, Activated Charcoal and Essential Oils.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour into molds.
- Let cool and harden.
- Pop out of the molds.
- Seal in a bag or wrap to preserve the soap’s freshness.
It was pretty easy! But, if you prefer to get it on your Essential Rewards order each month and not front the cost for the supplies above, that is perfect too! My ER Box saves me a trip to the store AND saves me money as I buy my shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, toothpaste, vitamins, protein shakes, tea, Thieves “EVERYTHING” Cleaner, etc… It is like Amazon Prime, but with a perk as it pays you back!
I love that I can trust my farmer, Young Living, for BOTH food to table and skin to table.