I LOVE saving money! Don’t you? I won’t sacrifice quality, our wellness or our environment though. I do what I can to keep our home chemical free for my boys.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I learned how to double my laundry detergent from 64 loads to 128 loads and it’s so easy. To do our laundry as a family of 5, we pay less than $4 a month in detergent for soap that is FREE from…⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s a plant based formula that gently washes clothes, leaving them CLEAN without chemical residue! If your a mama or a daddy, please look up the junk in your laundry soap. Even the baby laundry soaps are filled with yuck. Turn over to the ingredients and start looking them up. You will be shocked at what you thought was green and clean, is not. We can’t control everything, but we can control what we allow in our home.
The “Semi-Homemade” Laundry Soap Recipe
- Take two glass 32 ounce bottles.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Divide the Thieves Laundry soap evenly into both glass pump jars.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add 3 capfuls of Thieves Cleaner to each pump jar. 4 if you want it to be EXTRA heavy duty.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add 15 drops of an essential oil in each pump jar. I used Lemon. Lemongrass, Citrus Fresh, Purification or Thieves would be great ideas if you don’t enjoy Lemon.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Add water.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Shake and twist on the pump.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Use one or two pumps in your washer depending on how much cleaning power you need.
Laundry isn’t fun, but at least it can be affordable, better for you and the environment!
P.S. Here is my fabric softener recipe too! Easy, affordable and works without any chemical residue.